Electrical & Instrumentation Engineers
The Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineers at Segua Nigeria Company Limited maintain electrical and instrumentation systems for production and process
equipment across diverse industry sectors especially oil and gas, power and manufacturing. The E&I engineers support our client's production
team by providing quality maintenance operations to maximize equipment reliability and availability. These operations include but are not
restricted to; electrical circuit troubleshooting and repair, drive troubleshooting and repair, instrumentation and control valve calibration,
troubleshooting and repair. The E&I engineers will utilize both electrical/electronic skills and knowledge (PLC's, A/C, D/C motors and drives,
schematics) and mechanical skills and knowledge (pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, power transmission, lubrication, rigging, welding) to achieve
equipment uptime metrics. Drawing from many years of practice and industry experience, they can work with clients to:
- Support continuous improvement of preventive maintenance
- Engage in preventive and predictive maintenance activities throughout the facility.
- Participate in troubleshooting efforts to respond to equipment failures and/or process deficiencies.
- Participate in root cause analysis and execution of corrective actions to minimize recurrence of unplanned shutdowns.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain Distributive Control System (DCS) and Programmed Logic Control (PLC) systems, which includes higher
levels of automation, improved methods of control, and improved information gathering and reporting.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams, or schematics to troubleshoot and maintain process control systems.
- Complete necessary documentation to ensure control documentation is current, follow all necessary change control procedures, and
update (mark up) drawings to reflect process improvements and field changes.
- Initiate and complete work-orders and requisitions, and documents all critical and or pertinent information on a routine basis.